Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Christmas

As the holidays near I notice more and more commercials on tv about toys and other gifts. The ad agencies are funneling more and more money into advertising their holiday products for Christmas. I cant help but wonder if Christmas is becoming more and more materialized. It is all about the things people want and not about the actual holdiay. The commericials are getting fancier and fancier along with the sophisticated products coming out near Christmas. I admit that I see myself as becoming a part of this crowd because I tend to follow the trends, but this year I am going to step away from the crowd and think about something other than things this Christmas. As you read this, just remember what the holidays are about and think about your family and friends which is one of the most important aspects of everyday life.

1 comment:

Ace556 said...

I completely agree that Christmas is becoming more materialized. So are other holidays such as Thanksgiving and Easter. We can get so caught up in everything that it sometimes hard to remember what holidays are about. For me, holidays are about family and spending time together. Although I think it is important not to get too caught up in all the glitz and glamour, I think a little of it is fun. It is fun to go crazy with your family decorating the house or putting up the Christmas tree. I think it is all about moderation and keeping the most important aspects first.